Monday, November 29, 2010

Rockstars Can Like Country Music To!

No one believes me when I say I grew up on Cher, Shania Twain, Alan Jackson and Tim McGraw (not to mention his superstar country lady Faith Hill). It wasn't until I hit high school that I realized rock music was the best of all worlds and that GIRLS COULD DO IT TO. It was a changing point in my life and I'll always remember it started with Treble Charger and Evaescence, progressed to Saliva and Aerosmith and right now it's somewhere in between Apocalytica, Breaking Benjamin and Queen (a staple in ANY rockstar's influences).

But country music still influences me! I can sing every word to every Martina McBride song on her greatist hits album. Cry by Ms. Hill is my favourite country ballad and dude, Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy? Even if you don't like country music you've got to like that song! Cheeky and catchy. There are so many more I can't name them all.

Anyway, what brings me to blogging this is I think I resparked a bit of life into my love of country music and its all Aaron Pritchett's fault. I went to the Roxy tonight for his CD release with a good couple friends of mine and found out that his song's "Hold My Beer" is amazing and "Pinch", off his new album is pretty rockin' and different. I really love that song. You should listen to it, the riff in the chorus is pretty sweet.

"Baby, it can only go up from here!"

Anyway, it's really late and I had one too many whiskey sours before my business class in the morning so... Goodnight y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask us questions or send us some suggestions. What do you wanna know? What do you wanna see? What's your favourite song? Is there anything you want us to check out?