Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Post Number One!

Hey everyone!

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Mel and I'm the singer, guitarist and primary songwriter of Grace Under Pressure, a Vancouver based, female-fronted and male-backed hard rock band who's in this to get famous.

And this is my blog in which I'll dictate anything worth knowing and a bunch of stuff that probably isn't, during our journey to rockstardom.

Two things that you should know about me? I'm passionate and I'm dedicated. So far I've been on this journey for 6 years and I'll continue in this direction until I'm old. Or maybe I'll keep going like Madonna. Who knows. I've been told a thousand times in a million words and a hundred eyerolls that 'getting famous' is like winning the lottery and it won't happen to me. It's a good thing I believe in a more positive view of the world. And I will never know until I try!

Another few things you'd probably like to know... I'm friendly (so give me a holler!), I'm open to ideas, I love impromptu parties and small-time gatherings. I watch anything from the Discovery Channel to Manswers to Dexter and Glee and I try my hardest to stay wickedly (and I've been told scarily) positive.

Some things you might like to know about the band...

Kevin's the drummer and he's been with me since the name Grace Under Pressure was thrown out into the world. I usually call him caveman cuz he likes to hit things, make lots of noise and speak improper English. He pretty much rocks.

Jesse's the lead guitarist. He joined in the summer and auditioning him was probably the best decision we've made so far. (Here's to a ton more good decisions to!) His riffs are always melodic and as a bonus, they're catchy to. We recently wrote our first song together and its definitely in our top two favourites. I can't wait for you all to hear it world! He's usually quiet but he knows everyone and quite a lot about random things and he's always got a story to tell... usually something crazy he did the last weekend.

And _________ you haven't met cuz he's the invisible bass player. As soon as he's corporeal and pokeable I'll tell you more about him!

Anyway, look forward to more updates on our journey through life!

Cheers,

-Mel Dante. Grace Under Pressure.

1 comment:

Feel free to ask us questions or send us some suggestions. What do you wanna know? What do you wanna see? What's your favourite song? Is there anything you want us to check out?