Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 1 of the Apocalypse

So it's recording day numero uno and it's already been a whirlwind!

This whole story kinda starts last night when we played an acoustic fundraiser for my brother's school band @ the firehall center for the arts. We were testing out a couple new songs to see how the audience liked it and so far people LOVED it - so I'm hoping that means we're doing something right.
Then in the guise that 'we're gonna play another show @ someone's birthday!', the boys dragged out band butt's out to a house party where- I'm sorry liver - we partied it up a bit too much.

I was surprised by Kevin though when he had one beer and even when goaded by a group of rambunctious partgoers- refused to drink anymore! Especially since Kevin's favourite food is beer.
Jesse and I weren't as responsible and so here there we are at 11am - Kevin slamming the door open, jumping up and down with two drumsticks in hand, ready to pack up his drums and all Jesse and I can think about are an Advil and glass of water.

We manage to make it to the studio early and sit in the car blasting some death metal out of Jesse's car. It's a few minutes past noon and we load everything in and all is set up by one. Then comes Jay from Edges of Seven to give us a hand fine tuning the drum sound and all I can say as I listen to Kevin banging away at the tracks is HOLY NO WORDS. It's way too amazing. The drums sound 100x's better than what I expected. They're meaty and sharp all at once and super clean. We've done Dekadense and right now Kevin is one take into My Yesterday.

I'm so excited I could cry. Actually there are a couple of tears in my eyes right now (but it just might be an eyelash). Keep checking back!

As Tim, our producer would say! Chow for now!

Mel GUP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask us questions or send us some suggestions. What do you wanna know? What do you wanna see? What's your favourite song? Is there anything you want us to check out?