Monday, March 14, 2011

I'll Do Anything in the Name of Music - photoshoot #1

It's been a pretty odd three weeks. I've gotten the new pokemon game (black, yea I'm a bit of a dork), gotten drunk off one cooler and watched more musicals in a row than numbers called on a 649 lotto draw.
And I can proudly say its been because I've been seriously ill for 22 days, and finally I have been given anti-biotics so here's to hoping my crazy gets put on the back burner in favour of my workaholic tendencies.

Unfortunately I'm on the fourth gym leader so I've got this feeling the pokemon might not go away... it might end up being a 1am addiction when I can't sleep. I can't win 'em all I guess...

Onto better things:

GUP had our first photo shoot courtesy of my good friend, Bella Johnson! The funny part about this both Jesse and I were still horribly ill last Saturday and we had the shoot outside in Burns Bog... and it started pouring rain just like good old Vancouver usually does.

So there we are, desperately trying to not laugh in the photos- my 1 hour hair ruined, make-up thankfully intact but skin red and full of goosebumps underneath my uninsulated white leather jacket with two friends scrambling to try to hold umbrellas over Bella's head as she's scurrying around changing angles. And dude, I don't even get an umbrella! (Who's the rockstar here?)

But somehow we got a ton of awesome photos! The theme was post-apocalypse (because I'm a zombie apocalypse movie junkie) and we shot with random props we found on the ground at the old peat mill - a pipe, a golf club, some sticks and some kind of shelter Jesse hunched under trying to get outta the rain.

So after being outside for two hours in the pissing rain, I can't feel my hands and we decide to go, pick up some pizza and hang around the house for a while. The next day I'm hacking up a lung and the world seems tilted to the right constantly. I guess I'm gonna be sick again... all in the name of music. The things we do for the things we love.

If I haven't convinced you I'm crazy yet, stay tuned for the next blog!

Cheers,

Mel Dante, GUP

(Wanna see some shots?)  It's GUP! with more @ Bella's blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask us questions or send us some suggestions. What do you wanna know? What do you wanna see? What's your favourite song? Is there anything you want us to check out?