Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Busier than a Bee, Less Sleep than New York

It's been a hell of the last few weeks.

I've been working my butt off at the gym in the morning and running to work or band practice at night! And in between all this, managed to hang out with Sam (merch girl) and Jesse (guitarist) and put up posters at the Delta Lion!

If you don't know why we are putting up posters I think I should tell you! It's our CD Release Party for 'Against the Lights'! I can't tell you how excited I am in words, I just hope I can show you on stage on October 8th at the Delta Lion! The doors are at 9pm and we have a couple great opening acts for you before we pop on stage! We'll be partying the whole night through and celebrating with you!

Now this whole CD Release Party thing has sure put a lot on my plate! But I can't complain! I've been working on t-shirt designs with Jesse and I managed to throw something cool together! It only took a dozen or so hours to do (not bad considering this is my first time doing it) and I'm pretty happy with the result! I really hope you like it!

Plus, being a CD Release and all I needed a new outfit! So today I went to the mall with stylist Sumit Prasad, photographer Bella Johnson (who is shooting our next photoshoot on Saturday and will include our new bassist Matt...)



and Jessica White to go pick something out!

Now on this trip not only did I find an outfit for the Release, I got a great on for the photoshoot on Saturday AND I learned...

I have no rockstar fashion sense.

Like really, for some reason I can't conceptualize things until I actually have it all the together! IF I see something on the rack I'm like "This looks cool!" And then Su or Bella comes up to be, calmly takes it out of my hand and says "No."

Then they'll hand me this weird looking thing and for some reason it looks good on me!

I can't win, thats ok, thats why I have them on my GUP productions team. I couldn't try to become a rockstar without them! <3

So we made a record breaking short shopping trip, being only 4 and a half hours and then rushed home (during rush hour) so I could go and have band practice with the boys!

They all came at the same time, all of them 10 minutes late (which really is on time in our GUP world) and the first song we played was The Rain Song, the second...

Our super different new song!

Now why is it different? Well we took a hint from my past love of country music (its what I grew up on) and something Jesse listens to called "Southern Metal"... and put our own twist on both.


It's not country music, its not Southern Metal, its not quite pop rock or metal...



It's Southern Comfort. It's the moment after you've been out with your honey all night and are looking for a bit of love and comfort...

Hmmm....did I say too much?

Listen for it at the CD Release Party! Shout! Be loud! *wink* Because it's debuting there!

Cheers Guppies! I've missed you since writing last!

Mel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask us questions or send us some suggestions. What do you wanna know? What do you wanna see? What's your favourite song? Is there anything you want us to check out?